Welcome to the best travel french press reviews where you are bound to find great and helpful info.
Traveling is a fun part of life. The fun increases several folds when you can get your favorite coffee right in your camp. With so many options available, you might get confused at times which one to opt for. The French press is a great option for travelers. It makes it easy for you to get your favorite coffee right in front of you in minutes.
In this article, we are going to look at some of the great French press coffee makers , and what to look for while buying the best travel French press that suits you.
A Quick look At Our Best Travel French Press
OXO BREW Venture Travel French Press
Capacity: 8 cup
Item Weight: 15.2 ounces
Reviews: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Coffee Gator French Press Coffee Maker
Capacity: Large Capacity
Item Weight: 2.3 pounds
Reviews: 4.7 out of 5 stars
Bodum Travel Press Coffee maker
Capacity: 15 ounces
Item Weight:14.4 ounces
Reviews: 4.0 out of 5 stars
ZYLISS Travel French Press Coffee maker
Capacity: Single Serve
Item Weight:7 ounces
Reviews: 3.9 out of 5 stars
Espro 5012C-17GR Travel Press
Capacity: 10 oz of coffee
Item Weight:12.8 ounces
Reviews: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Best Travel French Press: Reviewed and Analyzed
1. OXO BREW Venture Travel French Press Reviews
If you are looking for one of the best travel French press, then OXO BREW venture travel French press is a great option. This product is great for brewing coffee and can be taken for hikes being lightweight.
Strong Tritan Carafe:
This ensures that your product won’t shatter easily.
For comfortably holding your French press and pour the coffee.
Has a capacity of 8 cups, making sure people around you enjoy the fresh brew too.
OXO BREW Venture Travel French Press: Pros & Cons
- Light Weight: This product is very light. The lightweight Tritan Carafe enables you to carry it with you for any trip. Whether it’s camping or hiking, you have the best travel French press inside your bag.
- Easy to Clean: While traveling, no one likes to spend loads of time cleaning. The beautiful thing about this French press is: it’s super easy to clean. With a little splash of water, it will be back to its original shape.
- Reliability: This OXO travel French press shatter-resistant. Earlier glass French presses had the risk of shattering into pieces during the trip. With the fine plastic, you get the safer option.
- Capacity: It makes eight 4oz cups, which are those smaller cups you see in the cafes. If you are traveling with lots of friends who are all coffee lovers, then 4oz each might not be enough.
2. Coffee Gator French Press Coffee Maker Reviews
This French press is a champion when it comes to keeping your coffee or tea hot. With good insulation, it ensures your beverage stays hot. This French press is heavier than the regular glass French press. Which one is the best travel French press for you? Choosing the right product that meets your demand is totally up to you as they come in different materials and weigh differently.
Stainless steel layered by vacuum:
The vacuum makes sure your coffee or tea stays hot longer.
This will maintain the true flavor of your coffee and filter out the sediment.
Small travel container:
You get a small container that helps you store a small amount of coffee for brewing later.
Coffee Gator French Press Coffee Maker: Pros & Cons
- Reliability: The Gator French press is very strong if you look at the build quality. When it comes to buying the best travel French press that doesn’t break, it’s fairly easy to go for this French press.
- Coffee stays hot longer: If you are someone who likes taking multiple cups of coffee throughout the day, this product is a great option. It can keep your coffee hot for at least 60 minutes.
- Great filter: At times, it’s very annoying getting all those floaters in your coffee and unable to enjoy the real goodness.
- Heavier: Since it’s made of steel, it’s bound to be heavier than other French presses. If you are on a trip where you wish to keep it light, this might not be the best travel French press you would want to go for.
3. Bodum Travel Press, Stainless Steel Travel Coffee, and Tea Press Reviews
This French press is smaller in size. It’s the best travel French press if you are a solo traveler. This French press is made of stainless steel with vacuum lining inside. Your coffee stays hot on the go. The design is very compact, making it easy to carry wherever you go.
The main framework of this French press is stainless steel. That ensures strong and unbreakable press.
Silicone non-slip grip:
With a silicone grip, you can handle it comfortably. That makes sure you don’t drop your cup while enjoying your freshly brewed coffee.
Bodum Travel Press: Pros & Cons
- Lightweight: The product weighs just 15oz. So, it is a great option for those who like to travel alone, and are so dependent on coffee to kick-start their mornings.
- Easy to clean: With the compact size, it’s fairly easy to clean this French press. Travel with something that fits anywhere is a big plus.
- Unbreakable: It’s made of steel, so you should not be worried for a second about your French press falling on the ground and shattering into pieces.
- Limited Capacity: When you have friends with you on tour too, this French press may not be your best bet. The limited is about enough for a single coffee lover.
- Shorter plunger: The plunger doesn’t go all the way down. There are about 2-3 inches of a cup left when the rod reaches its maximum length.
4. ZYLISS Travel French Press and Coffee and Tea Mug Reviews
ZYLISS French press can be the best travel French press for you if you don’t want to go through the complexity of plungers. It’s easy to use and can give you a regular and fresh taste while traveling. It can be used for making tea and hot chocolate too.
That enables you to enjoy hot coffee and tea on the go.
BPA free plastic:
With plastic free from BPA, you don’t have to worry about your health issues.
ZYLISS Travel French Press: Pros & Cons
- Easy to carry: With the lightweight of the mug, you can easily carry this product anywhere with you while traveling. It fits just right in the backpacks for carrying while hiking.
- Easy to use: This product is super easy to use. You just have to put some ground coffee and hot water. Then, cover the lid, and in 4-5 minutes, you have one of the best brews available.
- Durable: The quality of this product is essentially very good. That makes sure you don’t need to replace your mug every couple of months.
- Instability: The bottom of this French press mug is rounded. So, it may easily spill your coffee on your desk.
- Unreliable filter: The filter is not very reliable as sometimes you may see some small coffee grains in your cup.
- Doesn’t fit cup holders: If you are someone with cup holders inside your vehicle, then bad news is this press may not fit inside.
5. Espro 5012C-17GR Travel Press for Coffee Reviews
While choosing the best travel French press, Espro 5012C-17GR can be a great product to give a try. It’s easy to carry and makes sure your coffee stays the same till the last drop. With a great filter, you should not be worried about getting those small grounds in your cup.
This micro-filter keeps all the sludge away from your coffee. This will make your brew free from any annoying coffee grounds.
Double-walled stainless steel:
The double-walled insulation gives you the same hot coffee several minutes after brewing.
The plastic is free from the harmful BPA plastic. So, nothing hazardous will be a part of your coffee.
Espro 5012C-17GR Travel Press for Coffee: Pros & Cons
- No sludge at all: The best part about this product is the micro-filter. This filter makes sure you don’t have the gross sludge settling at the bottom of your coffee, giving you a rich experience till the last sip.
- Saves space and weight: The product itself is very light and easy to carry. If you are a coffee lover, it has the capability of being your favorite travel buddy.
- No leaks: It’s free from any lousy leaks you may find in mugs. Feel free to put it in your purse without any issues.
- Fragile lid: The lid is made of plastic and is fragile. If you drop your mug, you may expect to lose it right at the very moment.
- Plunger can be hard to push: At times, it may be hard to press down the plunger. That can be really annoying if you are spending some good bucks to buy this product.
Things to Consider Before You Buy the Best Travel French Press
There are different opinions regarding the selection of the best travel French press. First, it depends on who is buying the press and what his needs are. Second, the budget is important while you choose the best travel French press that fulfills your demands.
Read the passages below to acquaint yourself with the fundamental knowledge while buying the best travel French press that suits you the most.
Material is of utmost importance while choosing a French press. These come in 3 different types of materials i.e., glass, plastic, and stainless steel.
Glass French presses give you a rich taste. However, they might not be the best bet if you are traveling. The main reason is the fragility of these presses. So, if you drop your press while pouring your favorite coffee, say goodbye to your French press.
Plastic presses can be a good choice while looking for the best travel French press. They don’t weigh much and don’t have the risk of shattering into pieces like glass presses. However, there’s a little controversy that a plastic press doesn’t give as rich a taste as a glass press does.
Stainless steel presses are the leaders when it comes to durability. They don’t get rusted and don’t have the risk of breaking at all. Stainless steel French press, however, doesn’t let you look at the coffee while it brews. This might be a hurdle while you choose the best travel French press if you are someone who prefers to see the coffee as it brews.
Quality of Filter
The filter quality is of prime importance. The best travel French press should have a great filter that doesn’t get cracks overtime. A great filter will make sure you get clean and clear coffee. Some people like the grounds in coffee, but most just prefer otherwise.
Are you someone who travels alone? Do you have friends with you while camping or hiking?
That’s where capacity comes into play while you make your choice of the best travel French press. If you are a solo traveler, a small press with a capacity of 10-15oz may be all you need inside your bag. But if it’s for the whole group, choose the one with the appropriate capacity. So, which one is the best travel French press here? That’s where your personal demands matter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Honestly speaking, why not? If you have the right coffee grind and your press is functioning well, you are sure to have a great coffee.
The best travel French press comes with a great filter. You may need to get a new filter if it’s damaged, however.
That depends on what the insulation of your French press is like. If you get the best travel French press, then approximately 1-2 hours.
Choosing the best travel French press is pivotal for a great tour. In summary, if you wish to get the best travel French press that satisfies your needs, you have to check what the true demands are clearly. After that, you should properly compare different French presses for quality and price.
After you are done with making the choice of the best travel French press for you, make sure you get some quality assurance from the company. With all being said, I’m glad to make it easier for you to get the right product for yourself.